The Barclays Intermediaries Marketing team has revolutionised itself in 2018. No longer a marketing team that only uses one channel, it’s able to produce multi-channel, successful campaigns within 5 weeks of idea conception.
In August 2018, Barclays Intermediaries reacted to the base rate rise with an insightful and data-driven campaign to promote our remortgage range. Too Big To Miss was our first multi-channel intermediary marketing campaign focusing on a strong remortgage opportunity in the market, Great Escape remortgage product whilst giving our BDMs detailed, regional information to use with their clients.
What is Too Big To Miss?
It’s fully integrated remortgage sales support campaign which aims to:
- Cement our ambition for the remainder of 2018 – to be ensure that Barclays is the go to lender for brokers’ intermediary remortgage business
- Educate brokers on the remortgage market potential given since the recent base rate increase, as well the high volume and value of upcoming market maturities
- Educate brokers on the depth and breadth of our remortgage proposition and critically, how we support them, the market and their clients as well as our strong retention proposition
Barclays Intermediary Marketing Team Objectives
- Provide our BDMs with the tools they need to effectively promote the Too Big To Miss remortgage campaign Barclays this autumn
- Support the Barclays goal of becoming #numberoneforbrokers
Two new factsheets
1. Detailing the market opportunity that exists between now and the end 2018
2. Showing how brokers can seize upon the market opportunity by working with Barclays
Email and hub comms
- Sent to our broker network introducing the Too big to miss campaign promoting the new material and the campaign hub on our website.
- Two new SVR guides focusing on the GE 2 and 5 year 60% LTV products and one focusing on the 90% LTV 2 and 5 year fixed rates
Produced for our BDMs and IRMs to use locally with their brokers to educate them further with ease on this fantastic remortgage opportunity with Barclays.
Trade press adverts
We were in Mortgage Introducer and Mortgage Strategy where we showcased a new creative design highlighting both the campaign and the strength of our remortgage and retention proposition. We also held two Mortgage Introducer industry remortgage roundtable events focusing on remortgage and retention. The roundtables were surrounded by our Too big to miss creative in two Mortgage Introducer magazines.
We held two Mortgage Introducer industry remortgage roundtable events focusing on remortgage and retention. The roundtables were surrounded by our Too big to miss creative in two Mortgage Introducer magazines.
Sourcing platform adverts.
Barclays was Trigold’s most successful campaign in 2018 across all Trigold’s advertisers.
It was well received amongst brokers and BDMs alike and increased Barclays Intermediaries awareness and engagement scores by achieving 93% recall of our adverts increasing conversion to 5.06 with BDRC reporting.