As the UK’s largest specialist lender, Precise Mortgages understands that the buy to let market is now more challenging than ever before. We’re dedicated to ensuring brokers and their customers have access to products, criteria and services designed to help them make the most of the new opportunities available in a constantly evolving market.
We’ve launched a host of new products aimed at portfolio landlords, limited companies, those looking at HMOs, multi-unit properties or holiday lets. These include:
- Refurbishment Buy to Let proposition designed to help landlords maximise rental yields, increase capital growth and take value from a property to reinvest elsewhere.
- Holiday Lets and Multi-Unit products which we launched in response to increased demand from brokers looking for more investment opportunities in a growing area of the market.
- Limited edition products to help the growing numbers of landlords considering buying properties as a limited company.
- Validation period for portfolio customers extended from six to 12 months to make it easier for brokers to place future cases for the same customer.
- Doubled our buy to let lending limit to £10m to help customers grow their portfolios.
- Started accepting studio flat applications to offer customers more investment opportunities.
- HMO products now available at Tier 2 to help more customers get the mortgage they want.
We understand that the market can be confusing, so we’ve introduced a number of process and service improvements. These include a searchable online criteria guide, submission checklists and a number of new forms to make applying for one of our products as simple as possible.
As part of our ongoing commitment to education, we’ve launched a weekly blog full of helpful information. We’ve also continued to organise and deliver education workshops in locations around the country to increase brokers’ knowledge and understanding of the buy to let market.
Our top slicing proposition is ideal for customers with low rental yield, high value properties, helping them to achieve the loan size they need, while our continued investment in broker education has seen us invest a substantial amount of money in organising and delivering nationwide events to promote our proposition and the opportunities buy to let provides.
All of this, plus our wide choice of products and first class service, has resulted in us being ranked the specialist lender brokers are most likely to recommend in 2018.* Our commitment to devoting significant investment on external research and surveys to help us understand what we’re doing well and where we can improve has led to us being ranked the number one specialist lender for limited company and portfolio landlord applications*.
Furthermore, a broker taking part in the BVA BDRC Mortgage Intermediary Experience Monitor 2018 survey was quoted as saying:
“We don’t do a lot of buy to let, but we find many lenders aren’t helpful; they are often inflexible and frustrating. I feel Precise Mortgages covers most angles and makes it user friendly.
* BVA BDRC Mercury Report Q2 2018
** BVA BDRC Mercury Report Q2 2018