The culture at Mortgage Intelligence is to put the customer at the centre of the business, and the company vision reflects this. With strategic focus across the company on ‘growth’, ‘quality’, ‘retention’ and ‘security’, here are some examples of the work done in 2018:
Support for advisers
- Our new Business Development Manager has helped busy advisers to grow their businesses. We put a focus on growing and developing existing firms, helping in any way possible.
- We host adviser vacancies on our website and share them across social media platforms – we have seen 55 new advisers join existing firms in the last 12 months.
- Our Relationship Development Consultant has helped advisers save time wherever possible by contacting lenders/providers directly to resolve and troubleshoot any issues raised.
- Our Broker Support Team continue to handle c.100 inbound enquiries daily for both mortgage and protection cases.
- Our Commissions team continue to pay mortgage commissions within 48 hours of completion.
- With a focus on quality, a recent independent survey of 713 consumers showed that 99.1% thought the service provided was ‘good or excellent’. We are also top quartile for quality for all major lenders.
- We set up a new GI referral system available to advisers and continued to promote our protection referral option. Advisers get a portion of the commission for referring, which allows busy advisers to refer clients to trustworthy specialists while maintaining some commission.
- The introduction of the Master Broker Panel has been a major project in 2018. We refreshed our offering to include more master brokers with specialist expertise that will benefit firms.
- We have been successful and resilient again in a flat purchase market, increasing our annual turnover by 14% and seeing a 12% increase in protection sales.
- An average of £1.3bn in monthly applications is another improvement on our record number in 2017. Remortgages and Product Transfers have also been strong, bolstered by adviser sales support we have delivered regarding product cessation alerts and client touchpoints.
Marketing & Events
- We offer a professional range of marketing posters, datasheets and adverts for advisers to use in shop windows, events and on social media.
- We send a monthly e-mail newsletter out on behalf of our advisers to nearly 30,000 of their clients.
- We have also produced letter templates for advisers to use to drive new business in response to industry changes like the base rate rise.
- These marketing improvements have allowed advisers to drive new business, generate leads, reinforce their brand and stay in contact with clients at crucial times.
- The mix of face-to-face and office-based support that’s available means that advisers can accommodate training and education into the day to day running of their business.
- In 2018 we’ve hosted an extensive programme of business development events to guarantee well-rounded support for advisers. 99.4% of advisers were either ‘satisfied’ or ‘very satisfied’ with all aspects our MI Live roadshows and we’ve hosted 19 webinars.
- Our Annual Conference attracted a record number of advisers in 2018.