Newcastle Intermediaries are delighted to be shortlisted for the Mortgage Introducer Awards 2018.
During 2018 the Society has made considerable developments to strengthen its proposition, and believes its product portfolio, coupled with its excellent service, delivers what it takes to be awarded Mortgage Lender of the Year, as well as Later Life Lender of the Year.
The Newcastle Intermediaries product proposition encompass more than standard residential lending, it also offers Buy to Let mortgages with no age limit, as well as Help to Buy, Self Build and Self-Employed products.
During 2018 a number of new product propositions were launched to enhance the range, including:
- Joint Mortgage Sole Proprietor – designed to support those trying to get onto the housing ladder and for those entering later life. With the support of a family member, individuals can see their borrowing power increased with the supporting income being taken into account. Lending up to the age of 80.
- Interest Only – the new policy is designed with interest only borrowers in mind, unlike most, the Society assess affordability up to a maximum LTV 75% (Part and Part 80%). The policy also allows borrowing to be taken up to age 80 with downsizing available up to a maximum LTV of 50%.
- Development of Help to Buy remortgage proposition – this year the Society expanded and strengthened its Help to Buy remortgage proposition with the introduction of stair casing (up to 95% LTV). Borrowers are also allowed to capital raise up to 95% LTV, enabling them to repay their full equity loan.
- Expansion of proposition for the recently self-employed – the popular proposition for those who recently become self-employed and have one years’ full accounts has been expanded to now include Buy to Let and Help to Buy.
Newcastle Intermediaries also pride themselves on their fast, reliable and friendly service*, as well as their flexible and common sense approach to underwriting, allowing them to consider more complex cases.
They continually work to enhance their service delivery for brokers and their clients, and during 2018, key improvements were made including:
- Providing brokers with direct access to the lead underwriting team for large loan case shaping.
- Implementing dedicated case managers for every application submitted, with a single point of contact who will see the application through to offer.
- Process improvements resulting in application to offer times now under 10 days, with case assessments within 24 hours of receipt.
2018 has been a key milestone for Newcastle Intermediaries’ progression, which will pave the way for continued growth and success in future.
* 2018 Q2 satisfaction survey questioned 856 brokers and found the top three reasons they use Newcastle Intermediaries was “knowledge/helpfulness of staff” (81%), “overall support and efficiency of processing cases” (77%) and “speed of processing” (68%). Intermediary contact centre telephony and webchat services 95% of calls answered within 20 seconds.