Sesame Bankhall Group’s Rewire Routines is an industry-wide campaign challenging advisers to make protection and general insurance (GI) a central part of their client conversations. This includes providing a protection and GI quote to every mortgage customer to help reduce the UK’s protection gap.
Problem: Our research found that 94% of advisers believe it’s their moral responsibility to talk to clients about protection and GI, so the problem was how to turn good intentions into actions?
Solution: An innovative concept based around people’s day-to-day lives, which are dominated by habits and routines. Rewire Routines aimed to improve customer conversations and turn good intentions into healthy habits.
Advisers received access to a campaign support hub, which included:
- Marketing support with customer-facing literature, including personalised branded mortgage interview guides, videos and protection disclaimers.
- Regular webinars hosted by leading product providers, to support advisers with tips and training techniques to help top-up knowledge gaps.
- Nearly 700 advisers signed-up to the campaign charter at www.rewireroutines.co.uk
- Campaign website received over 8,000 visits.
- Social media activity earned over 40,000 impressions.
- Over 400 advisers took part in webinars, with more watching through repeat views.
- For every adviser signing-up, a donation was made to the British Heart Foundation, raising over £10,000.
• Advisers taking part increased their protection business by 22% and GI by 43%.
Industry-wide support for Rewire Routines
- Julie Gilbert, Principal at 1st Mortgage Services: “This campaign has focused my mind on making sure I quote for protection business and talk about it more. The charitable donations mean we have also helped a great cause.”
- Independent Mortgage & Protection Adviser, Shereen Salmon: “I signed a client up for mortgage protection insurance who, in the 15 years of dealing with them, had never previously taken any cover. The barrier in the past was cost, so I did a quick quote while they were in the office and it was less than he thought. Due to Rewire I am now assuming clients want a review of their protection rather than asking.”
- Mark Cracknell, Head of Protection Distribution at Aviva: “Rewire Routines is a fantastic opportunity to highlight the importance of protection, and through driving awareness with advisers and customers we can ensure that more families in the UK are protected.”
- Mike Farrell, Protection Sales Director at LV=: “We’re delighted to support the Rewire Routines initiative; to encourage advisers to add protection to every conversation and ensure as many people as possible are protected against personal financial shocks.”
- Toby Bainbridge, Head of Protection Solutions at Royal London: “Rewire Routines sets a sensible challenge and it’s great to see the UKs largest distributor throw their weight behind the need for a protection conversation with clients.”
- Peter Hamilton, Head of Market Management at Zurich: “We’re fully behind the Rewire Routines campaign. There has never been a more important time for our industry to highlight the need, and tell the very real stories about how financial protection can make such a difference.”