L&C is the UK’s leading fee free mortgage broker offering expert mortgage, protection and general insurance advice to customers, by telephone and via market leading digital solutions. We always remain true to our key brand value of being ‘always for the homeowner’, operating 7 days a week, including weekday evenings, with advice backed up by first class customer service.
Unlike many other brokers, we don’t operate a restricted panel of mortgage lenders, and work with 16 life insurance companies, ensuring customers get the best affordable solutions matched to their circumstances. This year we’ve placed business on 8666 different mortgage products from 75 lenders and unlike many other brokers, don’t load insurance premiums to earn greater commission at the customers’ expense.
2018 will be another extremely successful year; turnover will increase 22% to over £68million, market share will be c. 5%, we’ll submit over £16billion in mortgage applications(80,000 + cases).
We’ve embarked on a digital transformation programme to ensure our customers can benefit from technology which simplifies and speeds up the mortgage process, as well as providing access 24/7 365 days a year. Our digital enquiry form, the Mortgage Finder has enabled us to submit over £4billion in 2018, more than any other online UK broker, so far, and our streamlined mortgage protection initiative was a ‘first’ in the life industry.
We’ve enhanced our communications programme using Experian financial segmentation data for profiling and targeting; optimising performance through digital channels and using robots to streamline the advice process have enabled us to achieve continued double digit growth.
- Major TV campaign improving awareness, building brand trust, highlighting over a million people (now 2) have come to L&C for fee-free mortgage advice
- Generate over 30,000 leads pcm through our integrated marketing programme
- Launched new partnership services including ClearScore, VouchedFor, and Meyer Homes to add to our blue chip portfolio of partners including Moneysupermarket, Telegraph, British Medical Association, and Barratt Homes
- Customer newsletter reaching 500+ million subscribers generating over 500 leads pm.
- Fast-growing social media following – increasing with our exciting Facebook campaign
- Revamped customer referral incentive offers
- New Customer Care team
- New specialist protection team contributing over £500k income since launch
- Continued SEO activity, maintaining online visibility ahead of competitors including Charcol and MAB, increasing domain authority, and over 300,000 website visitors pm
- Recruiting and training new advisers in our 3 offices – total advisers now +430
- Helped Sainsbury’s enter Buy to Let market for the first time, we’re the only broker currently offering HSBC Buy to Let products
- Currently piloting a Limited Company BTL product for “the West Brom”
- Continued development of advisers’ BTL knowledge, introducing our own BTL qualification for our experts in portfolio and limited company lending
Due to the quality of business originated, ability to generate meaningful volume quickly, service quality and MI provision, we’re widely recognised as the organisation lenders choose to launch new propositions or test improvements with. We helped M&S bank launch earlier this year, and Royal London chose to pilot their ‘Streamlined Mortgage Protection’ (SMP), innovation with us.
Our proactive customer retention programme contacts customers prior to renewal, followed by expert advice on whether to return to existing lenders or benefit from a competitive alternative enabling retention of c40% of customers before renewal with many more using our services.
Continuing improvement of processes and controls means we’ve one of the highest application to offer ratios in the industry at 89.9%, and proactively managing our pipeline and conveyancing panel means our application to completion ratio is +80%. Our submissions quality benefits our customers and lender partners making us the broker of choice for new intermediary lender launches such as Sainsbury’s Bank in 2017.
So far in 2018 we’ve won 13 industry awards including What Mortgage’s “Best Adviser” seven years running. Placing customers at the heart of our business guides all our actions. Keeping our focus on quality outcomes for customers means our net promoter is currently an industry leading +78. Our commitment to delivering the best customer experience underpins everything we do.